Thursday, October 28, 2010

In the News

US midterm elections are next week. Lots in thew news about that. A conversation with our resident conservative ("to the right of Atilla the Hun") reveals near pity for Obama's campaign efforts. For myself, from what I've read, things won't be too bad for the Democrats. What I'm concerned about is some of the reasoning I've heard for Tea Party candidates: "they're not Democrats." That's as bas as a Democrat who votes for a bad Democrat because "They're not Republicans". I'm really unhappy with how polarized politics has become - though to be fair, I can remember back to Reagan's first campaign for President, and it wasn't much better then than now, or at any point along the way.

Apple is apparently not going to sell their white iPhone 4G, ever, which is a shame because I was thinking I would buy one. Apparently there are problems with light leaking through the white material to the camera lens, so photos and videos are blown out. Guess I'll go back to my original plan of waiting for iPhone 5 . . .and getting an Android device.

Will someone please debunk this video clip of a "cel phone in Charlie Chaplin film" clip that is going around? Does anyone realize that for someone to use the phone, they would also have to time travel back a cellular network . . .which you'd think someone would have noticed when the modern network was rolled out?

No comments: