First is the story that the Justice Department is going to "examine" details of detainee abuse by the CIA. Attorney General Eric Holder, an Obama appointee, states that while the issue has been politicized, he feels compelled by the evidence to investigate.
The other story is that the Obama administration is going to continue the Bush-era rendition policy, but with greater supervision.
So basically, one part of the administration is saying that we may have gone too far when interrogating prisoners, and another part is saying we'll keep off-shoring and outsourcing our interrogation, but we'll keep a sharp eye out for abuse.
We have been too abusive, but we'll let other countries do our dirty work, and keep an eye on them.
Obama was not my first choice, but I certainly expected better. I'm not as disappointed as some on the left, but I am disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment