Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not a Corvette Summer

Summer continues. I cannot believe it's been just two weeks since the end of classes; I feel like I have done so much, so many of the things I like to fill my summers with, primarily biking and kayaking. I went on a couple of public trips, and I went on a long trip down to Port Liberte and back. This week, I rode my bike to work, then to the boathouse after work, where I practiced some new techniques before riding home.

This evening I practiced in a canoe with another. We managed to navigate the embayment pretty well. The trick about the canoe is communication: one person decides, then tells the other. One each knows the basic strokes, controlling the boat isn't that difficult.

I just love this, being physically active, eating well, seeing friends. I'm only sad to know this will end in a few weeks, but even so, as school starts I'll be with friends.

No comments: