Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation

So I have a new dilemma - where and when to vacation.

I'm already scheduled to go to Disneyworld with my brother's family. He and his wife have two amazing kids who are the perfect age (8, 12). That's Labor Day weekend. They'll be there long. I'm just there for about four days, so it hardly feels like a vacation.

I had been thinking I'd take a dive trip, and here I have several choices. My local dive shop has a trip to Cabo in mid-September, which sounds great, except it's right after Disney, leaving me to struggle for eight weeks till Thanksgiving.

An online dive club has a trip to Cozumel around Halloween, and that sounds like fun. They also have a trip to Roatan, which sounds amazing, but is a but of a stretch for my budget.

I could simply extend my time in Florida and go to the keys. That would be cheap, but I really want to get the hell out of Dodge. I'm finding that as a vacationer, I want to get as far away from home as possible.

No comments: