Sunday, August 3, 2008

Decisions

I'm still deciding where to pursue an MBA. Actually, I'm not really deciding that so much as adjusting myself to the consequences of my decision. I'm going to go for NYU, despite the cost.

I'm nervous. I'm more than a little scared. It's a commitment not just to this particular program, but to paying back the costs over time. At my age, I have less time than most people who enter MBAs, and I still have some costs from my undergrad.

However, the opportunity is too great. Where I had planned before to obtain an inexpensive MBA and just work for a few more years, the opportunity for better long-term contacts an career prospects are too great. It's painful to think about the next six years financially, but sixteen, even twenty-six years out, I think I will have done better.

So, NYU it is. God have mercy on me.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: