It was a gorgeous day. It really could not have been more perfect. The sky was blue, the sun was shiny, clouds were light and puffy. There was a slight breeze, a little strong at times, but gentle and cooling most of they time.
I tried out a boat I hadn't been in before (and I've been in most of the models - my favorite, the Chennai, was out on another trip). This boat was HUGE - almost 18 feet long, and wide enought that I had to sit frog-legged in it to grip the knee braces. It tracked well, but tended to skew in the wind. One nice feature was a mini-hatch just big enough for my sandals and sunscreen.
Edgewater has a little marina to tie up at, and we got out and walked around, looking at the parrots in the park that it is known for. On the way back, we stopped at a Japanese supermarket, pulling up on a little beach and hopping the fence. I had already filled up on trail mix and fruit and juice, so I didn't each much.
Overall it was a good group. You never know what you're going to get with the public, but these folks were alright, and able to keep up. There was a little drama towards the end, as they got a little tuckered and slowed down or even stopped while we were crossing the river, and we could see a barge heading our way. We got through of course, we just had to encourage them a bit.
Afterwards, I showered, dried off, put on a sun dress, and walked up Broadway and did some window shopping. All in all, a fun day.
Blogged with the Flock Browser
No comments:
Post a Comment