This specific model is called the Jack. It's a 7-speed road bike. I love it. I'v ridden it down to the Battery and back. The only thing that kept me from riding even longer was that I had to be some place else that evening.
Since it's a mountain/road-style bike, it only folds in half (their other models collapse even further). Once unfolded, the bike is held in position by this single latch:

The neatest thing about it, though, is the pump. A manual air pump is built into the seat post. Pull the seat out, flip down the handle, and pull out the hose. Voila! Instant bicycle tire pump.

It's been a few years since I owned a bike. While this isn't a great, serious biker-bike, it'll get me around, and that's all I need. I like that it's a road bike rather than a little town bike - the gear variety makes it easier to get up serious hills, and the frame is solid enough that I feel comfortable going slightly off the beaten path. I won't be barreling down Rocky Mountain trails anytime soon, but I will ride along the river, through the park, and into urban areas where more demure wheels fear to tread.

No comments:
Post a Comment