Sunday, October 11, 2009

My October Symphony

The past three weeks have flown by quickly; even now, I hesitate to take time to blog. I have had a lot of homework to catch up on, as well as activities outside of work and school. Was I really diving in Florida three weeks ago? Seems like much longer ago.

In the meantime, I've been fighting of some ragged thoughts. Friends have asked about my dating life; it's hard not to be defensive - I've been dating, but no fish worth keeping yet. I'm keenly aware of my age as well, even though I know plenty of other women my age who are single, never married. We are not crazy cat ladies (I have an extra layer of defense - no pets in my apartment).

In the meantime, watching the growing liberal backlash against Obama, along with the conservative chorus practically egging them on. For a moderate, it's interesting to watch. What did anyone really think would happen? Most of the isues seized upon by the chattering classes are simple chew toys - politics as usual. The real decisions, the policy-making that will have long-term impact, isn't part of the public debate.

Mentally, I'm already in November - a year on from the Presidential election. There are only three weeks left in October, and then three weeks till I see my parents for Thanksgiving. then, another four to see my sweeties, niece and nephew. By then, the current semester will be over, I'll be halfway on in my degree program, and considering where I want to head to next.

No comments: