Tonight's meal gets a C, B- at best.
I nailed the fish. Tilapia filet rubbed in oil, one side covered in Andalusian paprika, the other in basil, a sprinkling of basil and black pepper all over, another light coat of oil, broiled. Very, very good, flavor throughout, moist in the body, crisp on the edges.
Unfortunately I didn't fare as well with the swiss chard. I did not use oil this time, and I think I suffered for it, losing some flavor. I peppered it, and that was a mistake. While not spicy, chard has enough flavor and texture to not need spices. Wilting it in oil would have brought more of that out.
I had some white wine left over that I had to finish up. The wine was good, but did not pair well with this meal.
Anyway, lesson learned.
Served with brown rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment