Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blogging the Superbowl

Well, not really. I got home, turned on the telly for the Simpsons, and instead was greeted by an announcer calling for the 'National Football League Superbowl Halftime Show'.

I braced myself for controversy. Imagines of Justin and Janet flashed through my brain.

It's Tom Petty. A Safe Choice.

Now, I like Tom Petty. I know many of his songs and enjoy his music. I even made a music video to one of his songs once. This does not endear me to the Popiscetti (that's Italian for hipsters, I think). But I also know the Superbowl is supposed to be an extravaganza. This is the Tom Petty catalog, most of which is about 12 years old. Not bad music, but, c'mon - it's like someone located some Albioni to act as the pre-show for the 9th Symphony (Beethoven's, that is).

Anyway, it''s weird, and as soon as it's over, I'm surfing.

No comments: